Friday 29 October 2010

It's The Only Way To Live

This isn't a the usual rant, this is a brief love letter. I have just taken delivery of a BMW 325i Coupe thanks to LingsCars.com. Ling Valentine runs an online business providing car leasing. I can't guarantee that it is the cheapest you can find, although I think it might well be. I certainly feel that I got a brilliant deal. Ling acts as agent, a go-between, between finance companies, car dealerships and the consumer. Well, her website says it all. It is a little mad, but I received a brilliant service from Ling and her small team, and I thoroughly recommend them.

But to the car! I fell in love with the design two years ago and would have bought one then if circumstances had allowed. As it was, I waited two years to lease one. I still love the design - the car looks gorgeous - and I am happy to say that the car drives every bit as well as I remember from the test drives two years ago. "The ultimate driving machine" indeed. Put your foot down in 6th gear at 50mph and the car feels like it is in 3rd.

But it is the gadgets, always the gadgets. Load a CD and the iDrive system asks you if you want to save it in the car's 12Gb hard drive. At the same time it will download the track details from Gracenote using the in-car telematics. It doesn't matter if someone has adjusted the driver's seat - open the car with your own remote and the seat automatically goes back to your preferred settings. Tell the satnav where you want to go and it will guide you, as well as point out items of interest such as petrol stations, restaurants and museums. Tell it mind, there's no need to press any buttons!

Well, what can I say? I'm easily pleased.

No comments:

Post a Comment